Warung Bebas

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturdays "Shappin" Hairstyle: Faux Hawk with a twist and a poof

Welcome to this weeks "Shappin" Hairstlye: the faux hawk! This is my favorite type of hair style, there are many different versions of the faux hawk/mohawk/frohawk and this is our most recent attempt at it.

girls faux hawk


To get this look, I first sectioned off the top, middle part of her hair, which would later be the "bump".

Next I split the hair on the right side into 3 sections and began twisting each section into rolling twists, using SheaMoisture Curl and Style Milk on each. I did the left side the same way. Then, with the back of her hair I made ponytails starting at the top, working my way down, to create the faux hawk look. Lastly I made the bump.

faux hawk with twists


I used the SheaMoisture products for this style. I like the SheaMoisture shampoo and the deep treatment masque conditioned her hair well, the moisture spray revived her curls each day, the style milk and the smoothie were just ok, in my opinion. While, I think this style could have lasted longer, I was pleased with the way it turned out. Have any of you used any of these products? How did they work for you?


If you enjoyed this post, please "like" it, tweet it, +1 it or Stumble it!!

0 comments em “Saturdays "Shappin" Hairstyle: Faux Hawk with a twist and a poof”

Post a Comment

 

untrainedhairmom Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger