Warung Bebas

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturdays "Shappin" HairStyle: Connecter pony halo and bun



Each Saturday we will be posting the most fashionable and cute hairstyles, my daughter is biracial, more specifically Caucasian and African American, and our blog is primarily for the care and maintenance of children's biracial kinky-curly hair, but so many of our styles can be done on any hair types.

I would like to start this post by explaining the title...Shappin means fashionable, according to D. Anytime she has a style she really likes or is wearing a cute outfit, she says it is, "shappin"!

How I did this style: I parted out a section in front from right above one ear to right above the other ear, much like the popular braided crown hairstyle, but instead of braiding I did connecting ponies all the way across. When I finished that, I braided the hair coming out of the pony in a single braid, then I gathered the rest of her hair in the back into a bun and rapped the braid around it, secured it and added her bow...that simple! She danced at halftime of a basketball game that night. And it held up amazingly and actualy lasted a few days after that! Hope you enjoy todays "shappin" style! :)


If you enjoyed this post, please "like" it, tweet it, +1 it, and stumble it!

0 comments em “Saturdays "Shappin" HairStyle: Connecter pony halo and bun”

Post a Comment

 

untrainedhairmom Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger