Warung Bebas

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturdays "Shappin" Hairstyle: Veil Style Braids into a Ponytail of Small Braids


How it's done:

After washing, detangling and moisturizing; I parted out a circle, starting approximately 1 1/2 inches out from Ds hairline. I clipped the remaining hair in the center out of the way. And began parting squares and making ponytails all the way around using Bee Mine Curly Butter on each section. As always, I had previously soaked the rubber bands in extra virgin olive oil. Once I had all the ponytails done I split each one in two sections and braided them. When that was done I parted out a second circle and clipped the rest of the hair out of the way. The squares in this round are parted off center to the ones in the first round. I then started adding the braids to these squares in a veil style fashion. I continued doing this all the way around.



Once I finished that, I gathered the braids and remaining hair into a single ponytail and braided the hair that hadn't been braided yet in small braids matching the other braids in size. And vio-la!





I hope you all enjoyed this weeks "Shappin" Style! For all of our new followers who don't know the story behind the title: Shappin' is a word D made up meaning cute/stylish/fashionable/cool and I post a new "Shappin" style every Saturday! Be sure to tune in!


If you enjoyed this post, please "like" it, tweet it, +1 it, or Stumble it!

0 comments em “Saturdays "Shappin" Hairstyle: Veil Style Braids into a Ponytail of Small Braids”

Post a Comment

 

untrainedhairmom Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger