Warung Bebas

Friday, July 1, 2011

Make Your Own Baby Food

When it was time for Baby Boy to start eating food, I knew I wanted to make it myself rather than buy from the store. Carrots seemed to be the most recommended first food, so I took some baby carrots, washed them and cut them up.

SDC15956

I steamed them until they were soft and put them in our Ninja. See the jar of coconut oil in the background? I add about 1/4 teaspoon to each batch of food I make, it is very healthy and beneficial to the body in many ways, but that is another post in itself!

SDC15960

I store the baby food in the freezer in ice trays (fellow mom blogger Shay gave me that idea, thanks Shay)!

SDC15963

And here is Baby Boy trying his carrots for the first time:

SDC15729

I have since made apples, bananas, green beans, sweet potatoes, squash and pears for Baby Boy. Chopping them up and steaming or boiling each one until they are soft.

SDC16221

For the sweet potato, I poke whole in them with a fork and run them under warm water, I them wrap them in foil and bake at 410 for 45 minutes.

SDC16226

And we have organic, homemade baby food with no preservatives or additives.

Do you (or do you plan to) make your own baby food at home?

 

If you enjoyed this post, please “like” it!

0 comments em “Make Your Own Baby Food”

Post a Comment

 

untrainedhairmom Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger