Warung Bebas

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Center Stage: Goldilocks

Taking the stage this week is Goldilocks! Here is her mother telling us all about those locks!


Let me preface this all by saying I'm verrrry new to this whole hair care thing. Yes I have a daughter who's 6 years old and that's how long I HAVEN'T been taking proper care of her hair. I'd wash it, condition it, comb it and that was that. I'd blow-dry it and flat-iron it for EVERY special occasion. No heat protectant (didn't even know there was such a thing), and then one day I found a hair blog and everything changed! That was about a month ago now, and now I'm having fun with Goldilocks' hair, and she is too!

So, here's the 411 on Miss Goldilocks :) She is my 6 year old only daughter, and she has bookend brothers as I call them, one older (9 1/2) and 1 younger (3 1/2). Goldilocks is of mixed ethnicity, both my husband and I have black and caucasian ancestry. Goldilocks has lots of hair as you can see. Her hair isn't fine but it isn't super thick either. I'd call it about a 3a/3b.
Her haircare routine starts with a wash on the weekends. We use a sulfate free shampoo and wash scalp only. I then apply conditioner, finger detangle, then wide tooth comb detangle then I usually let the conditioner sit for about 5-10 minutes and I rinse most, but not all of it out. After that I'll let it air dry a bit, so it's not soaking wet anymore then I apply a moisturizer (non-mineral oil) and I'll either band it or put it in a couple of braids under a satin cap for sleeping. When I style her hair the next morning I'll always apply a bit more moisturizer concentrating on her ends. If she's not in a protective style and I've been styling every day I'll usually need to co-wash her scalp mid-week to get rid of the build-up. When there's too much "stuff" in her hair it'll go limp from all the product. Less is more for her hair. That's the routine for styling but we do like our wash and go's too. For those we just apply a curling custard to damp hair, finger it through and let it air dry. Usually while it's still wet I have her do the Willow Smith (whip her hair) and maybe an upside down finger scrunch to encourage a nice curl pattern.
Some things I'd like to try are shea butter, everyone on the blogs rave about it! Also curlformers, those things look like fun!
Here are some of our favorite styles that we've tried lately! I've seen most of them on any given blog at one time or another, so thanks so much to all of you bloggers out there for showing us the way!
Thank you Untrained Hair Mom!



Wash and Go:
Photobucket

Twist Out:
Photobucket

Flower Girl Hair:
Photobucket

Zig Zag Part:
Photobucket

Box Braids:
Photobucket


Hair Hearts:
Photobucket


Great work Momma! She is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing! You can see more of Goldilocks on their blog and facebook.



If you enjoyed this post, please "like" it!

0 comments em “Center Stage: Goldilocks”

Post a Comment

 

untrainedhairmom Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger