Warung Bebas

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Center Stage: Ameerah and Dejah

This week on our Center Stage is Ameerah, 4 and Dejah, 8. Two adorable sisters, one of which happens to be the first place winner of our recent photo contest, congratulations Ameerah! Their mother, Cynthia, is going to tell us about their hair care routine.

Ameerah


Dejah



I typically wash my daughters hair about twice a week. I have found that to help hold their hair and keep frizz down, there are two products that are very useful. One is Olive Oil Moisture Lotion and the other is Mixed Chicks Leave-in Conditioner. When I braid or put their hair in ponies, I use a dab of Olive Oil in my palms and rub into their hair, starting from scalp down to the ends. This way it keeps away frizz and helps maintain moisture throughout the day. I enjoy using these products because they are not heavy or thick and are gentle to use on kids as well as adults.

Some tips I would offer parents for biracial hair care would be:

*Wash hair at least twice per week (other days just rinse well and recondition)

*Detangle everyday (in the tub/shower, while conditioning, is the best)

*Put in a leave in conditioner (Mixed Chicks Leave In Conditioner is my favorite) Apply throughly in hair, starting at the ends and working your way up to the top of their head. If you need to add a little shine, Olive Oil Root Stimulator Spray or Sheen can be used and does a great job. I usually do not do this on my daughters hair, unless I am retouching their hair and just want to add some extra shine without redoing their hair completely.

*I also reccomend using a wide tooth comb or pick, it works best for me.

*A good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that is also great for detangling is Mixed Chicks products, but I have also found that Loreal and Neutrogena make a good Deep Conditioners that work well and can be purchased at most retail stores. I usually mix my favorite detangling conditioner with water and use that.

*Deep Conditioning treatments or hot oil treaments once a month is a must especially during summer or if your child swims.

Hairstyling Tips: For braids and ponytails, I prefer to use olive oil since it is water soluable and does not weigh down the hair. I also use a wide-tooth comb while the hair is wet as this seperates the hair easier without pulling or tearing on the hair. Also when I braid my daughters hair I don't use bands that are rubberized or the ones that have a metal clip. When using those, they tend to grab the hair and break it. If at all possible try to use covered bands. Another thing to remember is never pull the hair to tight, it can cause hair loss around their headline and scalp. I also reccomend trimming the ends of their hair reguarly. I do this at least every 60 days, possibly more during the summer.


Here are some of Ameerah's hairstyles:











And here are several of Dejah's styles:











I would like to thank Cynthia, Dejah, and Ameerah for sharing with us! If you would like to be featured on our site click the Center Stage tab above for details!





If you enjoyed this post, please "like" it!

0 comments em “Center Stage: Ameerah and Dejah”

Post a Comment

 

untrainedhairmom Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger