Warung Bebas

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday's "Shappin" Hairstyle: Poofy Side Pony + Tangle Teezer

This weeks "Shappin" Style is one of D's all-time favorites (probably because it is so quick and easy), and I love it too! The poofy side pony! The way we get this look:





Once her hair has been washed, moisturized and detangled, we either braid or band her hair in 3 or more sections. She will either just sleep in the braids/bands or wear it as a style for a day or two, either way once her hair is dry we take it down and brush it using the Tangle Teezer. The Tangle Teezer creates a nice poof and we are then able to smooth into a cute side ponytail.












*Update- I would like to note that we no longer use the Tangle Teezer to detangle. I had notice a lot of breakage going on about a month or so ago (after we began using the Tangle Teezer). When we first started using the TT, I thought it was amazing! With some Kinky-Curly Knot Today and the Tangle Teezer the tangles just slid right out. There was always hair in the TT after each use, I just thought it was shed hair. After becoming aware of the breakage D was having and upon examining the "shed hair" it was apparent that it was actually breakage from the TT :(  I was using it correctly and even finger detangling prior to each TT use and nothing else in our routine had changed, what a bummer, I had been so excited and wowed by this brush. D had loved it too, it was quick and it didn't hurt. I haven't used the Tangle Teezer in about a month but if I were to use it again, it would be soley to create fluff and poof, and I would completely detangle her hair beforehand.

Has anyone else experienced breakage with the Tangle Teezer?



If you enjoyed this post, please "like" it!

0 comments em “Saturday's "Shappin" Hairstyle: Poofy Side Pony + Tangle Teezer”

Post a Comment

 

untrainedhairmom Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger