Warung Bebas

Friday, May 27, 2011

Coppertone Waterbabies Suncreen Stick Review

The other day I had to purchase some sunscreen for D and Baby Boy for D's trackmeet. Ideally, I would have already ordered some good sunscreen online, but I hadn't. I went to Wal-Mart and looked at everything they had. I ended up purchasing Coppertone Waterbabies Sunscreen Stick SPF 55, it was the only sunscreen I came across that did not have parabens. When I got home and had the chance, I looked it up on EWG's Cosmetics Database. It has a rating of 4 (moderate hazard).



Active Ingredients:  Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (15%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (10%), Oxybenzone (6%)

Inactive Ingredients:  Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Lauryl Laurate, Ozokerite, Cetearyl Behenate, Polybutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Myristyl Myristate, Tocophero(Natural Vitamin E), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Reinyl Palmitate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C) Phenoxyethanol, Reinyl Palmitate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate Phenoxyethanol, Reinyl Palmitate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate(Vitamin C)

While it has some unfavorable ingredients, it did protect my babies from burning. It also did not bother Baby Boy's sensitive skin. Being a stick it was easy to apply, not messy. I'm still on the search for a good sunscreen with better ingredients but I will be using this until I decide which one to get.

Here are a few photo's from D's trackmeet:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


BTW, today (May 27th) is "Don't Fry Day" to encourage sun safety awareness. The UCSF Skin Cancer page has in depth descriptions of types of sunscreen as well as what sun protection factor (SPF) to use. And of course EWG has put out their list of safe sunscreens. Also, check out their article on why we should avoid sunscreens that contain Vitamin A.

Everyone have a safe and happy summer :)



If you enjoyed this post, please "like" it!

0 comments em “Coppertone Waterbabies Suncreen Stick Review”

Post a Comment

 

untrainedhairmom Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger